Friday, August 22, 2008

‘Marc. Here are the pictures. They are fucking excellent.’ 


Vater and Sohn, Bubenreuth, Germany, 2005. (Teller with his son, Ed.)

“Most fashion photography is done by gay people finding women sexy,” Teller says, “which is sort of not sexy at all... I just turn the page,” Teller says of those very glossy fashion shots. “It doesn’t really interest me very much. My work has nothing to do with that. I just really like women, and I like men, and I like children, and I like eating, and I like doing everything. It’s something real. I’m for the individual human being, not some plastic figure some gay guy thought out. That’s valid for something, but it’s not my cup of tea.”

Read the rest of the NY Mag article here.

TG thinks Jurgen is one of the funniest, most honest, most real people working in fashion today. We love him and so should you.

No comments: