Friday, July 18, 2008

I Need More (Blank) In My Life


Today's answer: chill PR girls/boys

Dealing with showroom PR can literally make or break a stylist's day. They are that all-important middleman, the keymaster (or was it gatekeeper? it's been awhile since i've watched ghostbusters) to the coveted clothes, the ultimate decision-maker of what caliber of fashion you can get your grubby little hands on. It could be so easy to say "yes," but why would you when you don't have to?

Getting through to PR is like winning the damn lottery sometimes: you want to jump up and down for joy when you get what you want, and when you don't, you wish you had the floor plans to the joint so you can bust in with a ski mask.

The fashion world would be a nicer place if the showrooms were filled with nicer people. Sun shining, birds chirping, that sort of thing. I KNOW I KNOW, they're just doing their job... but do they have to be so smug/evil? Not all of them of course- and that is what this entry is about.

I have been insanely lucky to deal with a few GREAT GREAT CHILL PR girls/boy recently. You know who you are. Some of you have literally saved TG's shoots - otherwise the model would just be naked and we'd have to pass it off as a "The Emperor Has New Clothes" story.

And to the others- you know who you are: lighten up just like that much (i'm holding my fingers a millitilligillimeter apart). Chant this mantra with me:

"I love my job. I love my job. I love my job."

Don't you feel better already?

No comments: